The new law of the Construction Industry Scheme was implemented on 6 April 2007. The key changes included the following:
- Cards and Certificates are replaced by a ‘verification’ service to confirm whether a subcontractor should be paid gross or net.
- Instead of issuing vouchers, contractors make monthly returns and issue pay statements.
- The monthly return includes a declaration that the contractor has considered the status of the workers on the return and that none of them is an employee.
- All contractors and subcontractors not complying with the new legislation may incur a heavy penalty.
How can we help:
- We can help you to identify the risk areas relating to the employment status of subcontractors and ensure that you are fully aware for this major change of the scheme
- We can help companies to meet their statutory obligations while keeping manual administration to a minimum.
- We can help you to keep accurate and timely records in order the monthly returns can be completed, either by paper or online.
- We can give further details on the reform taking place next year.
- Our CIS Service: (Pre agreed fixed fee)
- Obtain Revenue clearance of employee status
- Monthly online returns
CIS – Construction Industry Scheme: last updated